Making Heads Turn for Over 40 Years
Internationally trained hairdresser and certified colorist, Marsha Knicley-Masood opened Sagittarius Salon and Spa in 1973 with only two employees, 900 square feet of space, and two goals:
- To consistently provide the finest and most current beauty services, with individual attention for every guest.
- To provide a place of employment where all staff members would have the opportunity to receive similar benefits to those in other great industries.
Marsha achieved these goals and her reputation soared for always having the edge on hair color and design. She has created a work environment that offers stability, excitement, professional growth opportunities, financial achievement, and rewards.
The new Galleria location opened in 2005 and includes the salon, spa, retail area, and S The Boutique.
At Sagittarius, we are dedicated to providing a memorable experience for each guest through exceptional service and technical excellence. We will go the extra mile to accomplish this mission with passion, technical excellence, and the utmost professionalism and courtesy.
Awards & Recognition
The work of Sagittarius team members has been featured in various national fashion and trade magazines, including:
- The Salon of the Year from Salon Magazine
- Top 200 Salon from Salon Today Magazine
- 2002 Charitable Outreach Award winner from The Salon Association/PBS
- First ever Salon Décor Award from Nailpro Magazine
- First Environmental Award for our eco-friendly salon/spa from Honeywall for the state of Maryland
- Voted the Best Salon, Best Spa for the Herald-Mail Reader's Choice for 15 years
- Best Salon, Best Spa, Best Massage Therapist and Best Women's Boutique from Hagerstown Magazine
- Best Spa in Washington County from Maryland Life Magazine
Memberships & Affiliations
- Intercoiffure, the most prestigious organization in the beauty industry
- Platinum member of the National Cosmetology Association
- Professional Beauty Association
- Founder of "Life is a Gift", a non-profit organization that supports female cancer survivors
- Annual participation in Locks of Love, Life is a Gift Day of Beauty, Alex's Lemonade, and numerous others